Watercolor Brush Lettering, 4/29
Watercolor Brush Lettering, 4/29
with Nicole Miyuki Santo
Sunday April 29th, 10-1
Limit 14 students
* Note there are TWO options for this workshop. You will be asked to choose your option at checkout.
Have you been itching to learn something new? Been seeing all of these lettering posts on instagram or pinterest and thought - "hey I want to do that too!" Well you definitely can and this class is the perfect jump start for you.
In this 3-hour class, you will learn how to gain confidence with the brush, how to create a brush-lettering style and the steps to take your lettering from concept to finalized piece. Nicole demonstrates how to transition into combining the letters into words, how to create/define your own style, and how to blend colors to create an ombre look.
With the small class environment and Nicole's teaching style, each student will receive one-on-one attention and individual help.
Option 1: $145 Watercolor Brush Lettering Regular Package:
36 color watercolor palette, pad of paper that Nicole has found is best for lettering and scanning your work, 2 different brushes: 1 for lettering and one to create a watercolor wash, jar of white and gold ink, and a complete booklet of information with Nicole's lettering style and lesson plan.
Option 2: $245 Watercolor Brush Lettering VIP Package ($360+ value):
The VIP Package includes the in-person Watercolor Brush Lettering workshop + supplies ($145) in addition to:
- 45 minute 1-on-1 Follow-up Mentor Session via Skype ($150 value). A video call with Nicole to receive further guidance on your lettering and ask any and all questions that might have come up after the workshop. The Follow-up Session can happen anytime with respect to both parties schedule and does not expire.
- Custom Gift Wood Box ($35 value). This beautiful wood box is designed just for Nicole's workshops to store all your supplies with a slide top opening for easy accessibility.
- Canvas Tote bag ($20 value). Take home all of your goodies from the day in a custom designed tote bag screen-printed with Nicole's lettering.
- Bonus! You'll get one of Nicole's By Hand Mini Kit to make some inspirational quote banners. ($10 value)
"Nicole is a magician with a paintbrush, and she truly makes you feel like you can be, too! During her hands-on class she shares her expertise in a way that encourages and motivates students to improve their skills, from beginners to seasoned calligraphers. 10/10 would recommend!" - Kate
"I had zero background in calligraphy/art/design before taking Nicole's workshop. But thanks to Nicole's patient and encouraging style, small class size (I appreciated the extra help!) and starter supply kit to take home, I found myself continuing to letter at home. It began as an escape for myself as a new mom. Soon enough - six months after taking Nicole's workshop - I opened up my own shop on Etsy selling Hawaiian-inspired hand lettered designs." -Lori, Letter On! (@LetterOnDesign)
Nicole Miyuki Santo is a freelance artist, graphic designer, teacher, and recently a published author based in Los Angeles. Since 2015, she has taught in-person hand-lettering workshops empowering her students to tap into their creativity and develop their own unique voice. She is a kind spirit and truly believes that everyone, kids and adults both, can enjoy using their own two hands to create. Her work has been featured in numerous publications, including Martha Stewart Magazine, and she is the author of By Hand: The Art of Modern Lettering.